When I sent my typescript to you I had no idea it was anywhere near good enough for publication, and if I hadn’t seen your advertisement I may well have tried a couple more agents on my own, been rejected again and given up. Your enthusiasm for the novel and additional encouragement when I was getting a bit wobbly about doing rewrites have helped me more than I can possibly say.
Sue Haasler, following acceptance of her first novel
Hilary Johnson, M.A., Ph.D. (Trinity College, Dublin) , founded her advisory service over twenty-five years ago, establishing standards based on her experience as:
- Magazine editor (The Writer)
- Correspondence course tutor (London School of Journalism)
- Organiser – Romantic Novelists’ Association’s New Writers’ Scheme
- Publisher’s reader (Penguin)
- Judge and consultant for literary awards and competitions
See Authors page for a full list of authors with whose successes we have been associated.
As well as advising new writers, we also work with published authors and those to whom we are recommended by editors and agents.
I am a scout for a leading literary agent